Monitor Audio Gold C250 (5G) Centre Speaker
The centre speaker does the majority of the heavy lifting in any home cinema system – but that doesn’t mean a centre speaker must look like a heavyweight. Thanks to the compact dimensions of the 2½" (64 mm) C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, and the 6½" (165 mm) RDT II bass drivers either side, Gold C250 is a three-way design without the big footprint you might expect.
Its wide dispersion characteristics make it a wide-screen listen, and it’s adaptable enough to sit happily between any of the speakers in the Gold Series.
- Sealed cabinet configuration for in-cabinet or close to wall placement
- MPD high frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Dual 6.5" bespoke bass drivers, featuring:
- – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed Sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Custom-made, high-quality gold plated bi-wire terminals