Yamaha's flagship speakers - a nod to the past with cutting-edge technology and design that embraces the future.
- Newly developed diaphragms boast acoustic velocity comparable to that of beryllium
- Newly developed R.S. (Resonance Suppression) Chambers suppress unwanted resonance in the mid and high ranges
- 30 cm (12”) 3-way bookshelf design draws on the tradition of the legendary NS-1000M
- Carefully crafted laminated plywood enclosure made of Japanese white birch from the island of Hokkaido
- Newly developed Acoustic Absorber eliminates sound-absorbing material to revive the original presence of the music
- Glossy black piano finish provides improved signal-to-noise performance — and adds to the luxurious joy of ownership
- Frequency-dividing Network
From the concert stage to the home, Yamaha has drawn on its vast musical history to create an instrument capable of faithfully reproducing every nuance and emotion in the performance.
- Perfectly balanced signal transmission
- Floating balanced pre-amp
- Symmetrical, folding-book circuit design
- Low-impedance design
- Rigid and precise design
- Dual Toroidal Transformer
M-5000 Power Amp
The M-5000 embodies this spirit with time-honoured craftsmanship and market-leading innovation and serves as the epitome of high-fidelity audio reproduction.
- 200 W + 200 W (4 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 100 W + 100 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven)
- Meticulously designed, balanced signal transmission
- Floating and balanced power amplifier layout for improved drivability
- Perfectly symmetrical design for isolating left and right channels
- Low impedance design with shortened signal and power supply paths
- Improved construction delivers state-of-the-art rigidity
- Massive toroidal core power transformer
Floating and Balanced
The C-5000 features fully balanced and discrete circuit transmission across all stages of the signal path at Tone Defeat.
The patented floating design is adopted across the phono EQ, input amp and line amp stages - removing the influence of ground noise from the signal.
By copper-plating the chassis to minimise the influence of voltage on the circuit, the C-5000 is capable of expressing the subtlest nuances as well as powerful bass.
Additionally, thick screw-type wires are utilised to reduce the impedance of the power supply and maximises the transmission of musical information.
The C-5000 was designed from the ground up to deliver the ultimate in listening experiences - down to its aesthetic and even its touch.
The knobs and lever switches feature original designs to communicate both innovation and craftsmanship.
The volume knob is both rigid and precise - employing ball-bearings and precision-cut aluminium to achieve its touch while the lever switches have also been refined for enhanced operation.
Designed to Perform
Meticulously designed, the M-5000 adopts a perfectly symmetrical layout to isolate the left and right channels both physically and electrically.
The deliberately simple design which also serves to reduce the signal path as much as possible, minimises energy loss and achieves lower impedance for high-fidelity performance.
Rigid Frame Structure Featuring a Mechanical Ground Concept
The M-5000 has been designed from the ground up to maximise rigidity - reducing unwanted vibration for optimal sonic performance.
Further, employing a mechanical ground concept by fixing the power transformer, block capacitors and heat sink directly to the rigid streamlined construction with bolts ensures they are fully supported and eliminates the influence of vibrations.
Massive Toroidal Core Transformer and Low Impedance Design
Delivering high-fidelity performance, a massive toroidal transformer is utilised with a 3 mm thick pure brass base which suppresses unwanted vibrations.
In addition, the power transformer does not influence the surrounding audio circuits due to less leakage flux.
The drawn-out copper wiring from the winding core contributes to the low impedance design by markedly reducing the loss of energy when compared to conventional designs.
Referencing the esteemed turntables of the golden age of Hi-Fi, the GT-5000 expands on this heritage in the pursuit of pure musicality. A sound both for the ears and the soul.
- Balanced output achieves full balanced signal process from cartridge to speaker
- GT Series design
- Straight, short arm for transparency and openness in sound
- Custom belt-drive mechanism (AC synchronous motor)
- 5 kg aluminium platter
Straight, Short Arm for Openness and Transparency in Sound
Accurately capturing the audio from the source is the imperative first step in delivering authentic, true, Hi-Fi sound.
The flagship GT-5000 adopts a short, straight arm designed to deliver superior rigidity as well as balance of weight and mechanics which results in improved traceability.
A rigid mechanism with simple construction means there is no need for an inside force canceler weight.
Customised Belt-drive for Stabilising Platter
The customised belt-drive mechanism of the GT-5000 minimises the influence of the motor cogging and excludes feedback control for an open and smooth sound.
The original GT concept utilised the notion of internal mass to counter feedback control. This is built upon with the GT-5000 which negates feedback control through the belt-drive.
Luxurious Piano Black Finish
Worthy of the flagship Hi-Fi status, the GT-5000 boasts a luxurious Black gloss finish -reminiscent of a Yamaha grand piano - to match perfectly with the C-5000 pre-amplifier, M-5000 power amplifier and the NS-5000 flagship speakers.