The new SubSeries 200 features a sophisticated NAD power amplifier in a relatively small design that will please listeners with its effortless handling of demanding music and mighty bass. Custom designed by leading manufacturer of high performance amplifiers, NAD Electronics, the amplifier is capable of producing a whopping 560W of peak dynamic power, 280W of dynamic power, and 200W of continuous power (at <0.08% THD).
Thanks to its NAD high power Class D discrete MOSFET amplifier output stage, which at 90% efficiency, is capable of more power with less energy, our SubSeries 200 proves to be an energy saver. We have also designed a new power supply to reduce standby power consumption to an ultra low <0.5 watts.
Above all else, our engineers designed our SubSeries 200 to be musical. PSB’s many years of experience and analysis in subwoofer design produces flat frequency response, full bass extension, low distortion, and high output. The SubSeries 200 incorporates the latest implementation of our proprietary “smart bass” limiting circuitry to prevent audible overload even under the most demanding music and film soundtracks. As a result, SubSeries 200 delivers consistently clean and accurate musicality no matter what you throw at it.
The SubSeries 200’s small cabinet contains a 10-inch woofer that easily puts out low frequencies thanks to its polypropylene cone, butyl rubber surround, high power 1 1/2-inch voice coil, and large 35oz magnet. With its large 2 5/8-inch diameter internally and externally radiused down firing port, the SubSeries 200 nearly eliminates any port noise. Great attention to detail went into the woofer’s design. PSB engineers employed FEA (finite element analysis) software and Klippel’s sophisticated Distortion Analyzer System to minimize distortion in the 10-inch woofer.
The dynamic SubSeries 200 is designed to fit aesthetically with our Image Series speakers—sharing design cues such as the cabinet’s fit and finish, clean lines of the sculpted MDF fascia, and curvaceous feet—yet it will perform equally well with any quality speakers, including our own Imagine or Alpha Series speakers.
- Powerful NAD Class D discrete MOSFET amplifier
- More power with less energy with 90% efficient output stage.
- Ultra-low, energy saving <0.5W standby power consumption.
- FEA and Klippel optimized woofer reduces harmonic distortion.
- High power handling 1 1/2-inch voice coil to minimize thermal compression.
- Massive 35oz magnet for greater woofer sensitivity and damping.
- Easily accessible front mounted control and convenient bi-colour status indicator.
- Stereo Low Level and LFE input and outputs for simple connection to source equipment.
- Available in Black Ash